Online dating is a struggle. I share experiences and perspective on dating apps. online dating, and modern dating. While not everyone may not like it, online dating is probably here to stay. That being said, there are pros and cons to using dating apps.
Pros of online dating:
– You meet people outside of your pre-existing social groups
– Some algorithms allow you to match with people that are more compatible to you
– Is what you make of it – you can decide if you’re looking for something more casual or serious
Both sexes / all genders:
– People are reduced to profiles
– Lack of accountability
– Possibility of catfishing or on a more mild level
– It’s a woman’s market/ hard to get matches in the first place
– Good day is getting at least one match
– Expected to make the first move
– Unsolicited explicit images
– Get called names when they reject men
– Get physically threatened by them
What can you do?
– Take breaks from dating apps if its harsh on your self-esteem
– Get better pictures of yourself (ask your friends to take pictures of you) and have a bio that showcases your personality, interests, hobbies
– Get better with rejection / taking things so personally
– If you get rejected or ghosted, it usually means they’re not interested and more often times than not, it has to do with them than it does with you
– Don’t rely on just one dating app or apps, try to diversify your chances by meeting people in real life, whether its a stranger at the bar, someone from your class, friends of friends
– Get in a healthy mindset of knowing that you don’t need to be in a relationship to be happy, or even that you’re not whole if you don’t have a partner
0:00 Online dating…let’s talk about it
3:01 The Cons
4:59 Cons specific to men
7:11 Cons specific to women
8:32 What can we do?
11:59 Summing it all up
Earn $200 cash back with Chase Freedom Unlimited or Chase Freedom Flex credit card. I can be rewarded, learn more.
FTC Legal Disclaimer – Some links found in the description box of my videos may be affiliate links, meaning I will make commission on sales you make through my link. This is at no extra cost to you to use my links/codes, it’s just one more way to support me and my channel! 🙂
– Say Hi on Social Media! –
Disclaimer: This video is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed professional before taking any major life-changing action.